I was craving alfredo and found some recipes on some Paleo websites. I took a little bit of this and that from each recipe and came up with my own flavors. I love broccoli and greens in my alfredo, but you can really add anything you like. Enjoy!
1 spaghetti squash
2 cups broccoli or dark greens like spinach or kale and broccoli
1/2 lb chicken breast or chicken sausage
4 slices of bacon, diced
1 can of coconut cream (not the milk)
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 tbs grass-fed butter
1 head of garlic, roasted or 2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp potao starch or arrowroot powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and excess threads.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet (use aluminum foil for easy clean up) and cook for 20-25 minutes. You will know when they are done cooking when you can poke the outside skin and it ‘gives’ a bit.
- Cut the top of the garlic head off and cover with olive oil, place in foil and roast along with the squash.
- Cook chicken in a saute pan with some olive oil or coconut oil.
- Throw your diced bacon into a skillet and cook until done. Put your potato starch or arrowroot powder in the pan and coat meat. Add the vegetables and cook for few minutes. Then add your coconut milk and grass-fed butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Once your squash is done cooking, pull it out of the oven, dethread the spaghetti squash into a large bowl with a fork.
- Add seasonings to the coconut cream mix and salt and pepper as needed. Mix thoroughly and cook on low for about 5 minutes to simmer.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and enjoy
Author: Christine Straley